With the onset of new age digitization, share trading has also been
revolutionized in the form mobile share trading apps. India has emerged
as the world’s fastest-growing market for mobile-based stock trading
ever since its launch in 2010. Every online broker has launched its
mobile app for users to conveniently trade while on a go.
Here are few of the mobile trading apps from leading brokers. This is just the information and not any investment advice.
Sharekhan is one of the most popular mobile share trading apps in the Indian market. it offers extensive features for both traders and investors alike. You can easily trade, manage the portfolio and keep track of your stocks.
Here are few of the features the app claims:
• Stay updated on what’s happening in the market at all times with a new dashboard
• Stay logged in even after closing the app
• Trade smart with enhanced live charts (Line, Candlestick, Bar, Area) with more time frames (ranging from 1
minute to 1 year), tracker ball and advanced chart studies
• Be informed about Current & Upcoming IPOs under the IPO section
• Trade in Advanced Orders (Bracket Order) and track the orders in enhanced Report section
• Enhanced Global Markets and Domestic Market news
• Introduction to more powerful Multi-Exchange streaming MarketWatch with more details about Scrips and Contracts
• Trade, View Chart & Detailed Quote, Add to MarketWatch & Virtual portfolio directly from scrip search
• Transfer funds from your bank to Sharekhan Account
• Receive live reports
• Take market watching to the next level with a totally refurbished MarketWatch. It also allows you to use Heikin
Ashi chart to check the trend of any stock.
Google Play Store Download Link
2. HDFC Securities
HDFC Securities Mobile Trading is officially mobile app from HDFC Securities. The app has the entire features essential to trade in stock market. One can trade in NSE/BSE, in derivatives, and equity. You can setup SIP using Do It Yourself Systematic Investment Plan (DIYSIP) and invest in stocks, Gold ETFs and Index ETFs.
Key features of the app as claimed (https://www.hdfcsec.com/products/mobileapp):
• Trade in Equity & Derivatives
• Stay on top of the Markets
• Get instant details of the stocks in a single click
• Get news and views that impact your stock investments
• Get notifications on key market events
• Conveniently track & trade with multiple watch lists
• Intraday real-time Charting
• Instant access to trending investing ideas
• Just tap and find your next investment opportunity
3. Kotak stock Trader
The Kotak Stock Trader (KST) app is the official mobile trading app for Kotak Securities Limited. Kotak was among the first few stock brokers who build Mobile Stock Trading App for its customer.
List of Key Features as claimed at http://www.kotaksecurities.com/whatweoffer/mobiletrading.html:
• It offers real-time stock quotes, shares market movements and helps you track your portfolio on the go.
• KST mobile trading application offers you the latest market updates from Times Of India, Money Control or
Economic Times based on your preferences.
• Kotak Stock Trader app users can connect to Live TV 24 x 7 facilitated by Bloomberg TV.
• You can buy and sell stocks by swiping or tapping on the optimized buy and sell buttons. This share market app
sends real-time Nifty and Sensex updates on your phone.
• Clicking on the investment portfolio pie gives you detailed information about equity, derivatives, mutual funds
• The ‘My Investments’ feature of Kotak Stock Trader app is a great tool for investors, it aggregates investments
made across all platforms i.e. KEAT Pro X, KST or Website.
• Users of the KST app can review their derivative contracts and select the best stocks for selling and buying
4. Angel Broking
Angel Broking mobile app, powered by ARQ, is the official mobile trading app for Angel Broking Pvt Ltd. They are marketing the app calling ARQ as a hi-tech auto advisory engine. Innovative features like real-time fund transfer-ability through 40+ banks gives every Angel Broking App user an added advantage.
Key Features of the app:
• ARQ – Personalized advisory offering index-beating returns
• Intraday charts with Indicators
• Online Payment vide 40+ Banks
• Quick and easy fund transfer with Savings Account
• Multiple Watch lists across segments
• In-depth Reports on Indian & Global Markets
• Invest in Mutual Funds
• Profiling based mutual funds advisory.
• View your Funds summary reports and Mark payout for your holdings.
• Introducing One Tap Access. Access portfolio, reports using a One Time Password(OTP). Register once and get
direct access to all Non-trading information in the app. It’s as simple as a single TAP.
• Use chart component to get the detailed insight on stocks. View historical charts with OHLC and Candlestick
• View improved stock ARQ section with various investment buckets. Choose from various rebalancing frequency to
• Access last 10 transactions for Ledger, DP and Funds reports directly from the app
• Visually ergonomic font for LTP in line with international trend
5. Mobile Trader
Mobile Trader is officially mobile app from Edelweiss. You can track and trade across Equity, Derivatives, Currency Derivatives, NCDs, Bonds, Debt, e-SIP and Mutual Funds across NSE & BSE. The features are divided between Pre login & Post login sessions.
• Advanced charting with 17 Technical indicators including Super Trend & RSI, Drawing Tools & much more
• A customizable watchlist with a capacity of 100 scrips, two views- Grid & Card, Sorting & Saving by
Change, Change %, LTP & Alphabetically
• Dedicated Markets section for Equities as well as Derivatives with live information such as Market Maps, Top
gainers & losers, FII & DII Flows, Roll over analysis, Option Chain, etc
• Live Market Commentary to get market updates straight from the experts
• Concise dashboard to check your positions, MTM, cash balance and limits
• Secured fund transfer from Bank to your Trading account & vice- versa
Trader was awarded Best Mobile App in consumer service by BBC
Knowledge, Digital Marketing Awards and also ABP BFSI Award for best use
of mobile technology in the financial sector.
Google Play Store Download Link
iOS Download Link
Do share your thoughts and experience in the comments below for the above explained apps.